These Jalapenos are Poppin'
Post Sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal
So you're hosting a party for 4th of July. Its pretty easy to come up with the main courses like steaks, hot dogs, and burgers (come back on Saturday for my 4th of July burger recipe). But what about appetizers? You know, the stuff that gets your family and friends mingling because it's so delicious.
Well, your answer is here and it comes in the form of Bacon Wrapped BBQ Jalapeno Poppers. These crispy and sweet favorites are super easy to make and will definitely be a conversation starter. So let the Jalapeno Poppers get the party started, and you enjoy Independence Day with the ones you love. Cheers!
- 8-10 full jalapenos
- 1 bottle of Cowboy Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 8-10 strips of bacon
- 8-10 toothpicks
- Handful of Cowboy Hickory Wood Chunks
- Light the Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney or mound inside your grill and let burn for 10-15 minutes.
- Place a handful of Hickory Wood Chunks onto fire and let burn for 5 minutes.
- Soak toothpicks in water in order to prevent burning.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sharp cheddar thoroughly.
- Cut top off jalapenos and scrap out all of the seeds.
- Stuff jalapenos with cheese mixture.
- Wrap a whole piece of bacon around jalapenos and secure with a toothpick.
- Once the grill is mostly white ash coals and medium heat, then place wrapped jalapenos on top.
- Let jalapenos grills for 7 minutes per side or until your level of crispiness for the bacon.
- Pull jalapenos off the grill and brush Cowboy Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce on top.
- Enjoy and Happy 4th of July!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!