The Perfect Wild Game Burger
Post Sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal
Hold on to your cowboy hats because this BBQ Bison Burger is crazy wild! Topped with charred jalapenos and gooey Havarti cheese, the BBQ Bison Burger has an amazing flavor that pairs nicely with the lean & tender meat of bison. Plus, you top the whole thing in Cowboy BBQ Sauce so its no wonder it will be finger lickin' good.
Show off to your friends by grilling up some of these burgers for Labor Day! It will make any party a treat! So, what are you waiting for and go grab some ground bison for this weekend.
Yields: 2-4 Servings
Cook: 15 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
BBQ Bison Burger Ingredients
- 1 lbs of ground bison
- Sliced Havarti cheese
- 2 fresh jalapenos
- Brioche hamburger buns
- 1/2 tbsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Cowboy Hickory BBQ Sauce
- (Optional): Fresh cut white onions
- Light the Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney or mound inside your grill and let burn for 10-15 minutes. (Optional) Add 3-4 small pieces of hickory wood to the top of the charcoal for added flavor!
- Split the 1 lb of ground bison in half and form into a patties.
- Season the burgers with chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- When fire is at a nice medium to medium high heat, place bison patties and jalapenos on grill grate. Let both the bison and jalapenos cook for 4-5 min per side.
- Place Havarti cheese on top of bison burgers about 2 min before they are done.
- When done, pull burgers & jalapenos off. Make sure to slice jalapenos.
- Place burgers on bun with jalapenos on top, then drizzle on it some Cowboy Hickory BBQ Sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Need a good knife to slice that burger? Find what knife is right for you!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Cowboy BBQ Sauce
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!