Start 2018 with an Amazing Fire Cooked Meal!
Post Sponsored by Weber iGrill
It's that time of year again...
With clinking champagne glasses and New Years resolutions, it is prime time to kick the year off in a vivacious and exciting way.
So shouldn't your New Years Eve dinner be the first step to making that happen?
RELATED RECIPE: Try my Herb-Encrusted Prime Rib Recipe!
Try my new Blackened Salmon recipe, and I promise it won't disappoint. Smoky and high in protein, this is a great dish for those that want something grilled and nutritious.
Now you might be thinking that on such a big night you don't want to cook something that might be tough. Thats why I used my Weber iGrill 2 the whole time! Set it up on the smartphone app for "salmon" and the device did the rest. Plus, it notifies you when the fish is done cooking so you can entertain and grill at the same time. It really helps you become a master instead of an educated guesser.
So be adventurous and try my new Blackened Salmon recipe, and make sure to get a Weber iGrill for the New Year!
Tired of Guessing when your Food is Done?
Check of the Weber iGrill right now to solve that problem before Holidays!
Yields: 3-4 Servings
Cook: 1 hours
Prep: 25 minutes
Blackened Salmon Ingredients
- 1 whole salmon fillet (about 6oz per person)
- 2 tbsp of sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp of dried oregano leaves
- Finely chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine sweet paprika, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, dried thyme leaves and dried oregano leaves. Mix thoroughly.
- Drizzle olive oil over salmon, then season completely with Blackened Seasoning created above.
- Using some charcoal, light fire in Weber Grill and let burn for 15-20 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, make a crescent moon shape on one side of the grill for indirect grilling. OPTIONAL: Add some apple or hickory wood chunks to the top of the charcoal for added flavor.
- Place salmon on the opposite side of the charcoal for indirect grilling. Insert Weber iGrill into the larger side of the salmon and setup for a "salmon".
- Close lid and let salmon cook for about 1 hour on 250-275F or until internal temperature is 135F.
- Once the Weber iGrill reads 135F, pull off and let rest for 1 minute. Top with some parsley.
- Serve & enjoy the New Year with your family!
Need fire cooking equipment? Find some here!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!