Cook them right in their shells!
Post Sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal
People love to cook seafood over fire!
From shrimp to fish, we love the taste of the salty food from the sea over a hot fire. One of my favorites has to be oysters. Eat them raw or cooked, they are such a delicious flavor from the ocean. With this recipe, I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted to cook them right on the coals full of spicy butter and herbs!
RELATED ARTICLE: Looking for other seafood recipes???
These Coal Roasted Oysters are ready for your summer grill out! Topped with homemade spicy herb butter sauce, they cook in no time and are absolutely delicious. Grill it over some white hot Cowboy Charcoal really quickly, grab an ice cold beer to wash it down, and you are ready for the perfect weekend!.
Want the perfect fire cooking equipment?
Yields: 2 Servings
Cook: 10 mins
Prep: 15 minutes
Equipment Needed: Cowboy Charcoal, tongs, fire resistant gloves and a cutting board.
Coal Roasted Oysters Ingredients
- 1/2 dozen of fresh oysters (shucked)
- 1/4 cup of parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- Dash of hot sauce
- Shuck oysters and place on some ice until ready to grill.
- Use some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal to light fire and let burn for 10-15 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, push into one flat pile for direct grilling.
- In a sauce pan or skillet, melt butter and add parsley (save a little for garnish!), Parmesan cheese, garlic powder black pepper, sea salt, and a dash (or more) of hot sauce. Let sizzle until fully melted and mixed. Pull off once done.
- Using a spoon, add butter sauce inside the already shucked oysters until they are close to being full.
- Place oysters onto white hot coals. Let cook for 3-4 minutes. Make sure to use protective gloves as the shells with be very hot. Be careful of flare ups as well!
- Pull oysters off, and let cool for 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley & Parmesan cheese.
- Serve & enjoy!
My recommended equipment for this cook!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Cowboy Wood Chunks
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!