TIME TO BE ADVENTUROUS
This post is sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal.
If you’re thinking about branching out of your comfort zone this grilling season, then maybe you should try some dirty steak. This simple yet delicious style of cooking only takes two ingredients: a big juicy steak and a hot bed of Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoals.
But don’t limit yourself to steak only! This method of cooking can be used for any thick protein from whole fish to pork chops. So take that grill grate off and get your Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoals going because it’s time to make some dirty steak!
Dirty Steak Ingredients
- 2 Ribeye Steaks at room temperature (about 8-10 oz each)
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- Light Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoals in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
- Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
- While preheating the coals, liberally season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. If you want to be more adventurous, season with cinnamon to create smoky & sweet flavor.
- Once coals are covered in white ash, use tongs to place steaks on top of the coals.
- For Rare (125F): Let the steaks cook for 3 minutes the first side, and then flip to the other side for another 2 minutes
- For Medium Rare (135F): Let the steaks cook for 3 minutes the first side, and then flip to the other side for another 3 minutes
- For Medium (140F): Let the steaks cook for 4 minutes the first side, and then flip to the other side for another 3 minutes
- Take steaks off the coals, brush off any ash, and let rest for 2 minutes
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!