Fire up that grill for some good cookin'
Post Sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal
There are certain cuts of beef that you can't ever get wrong...
One of them is the short rib. Full of flavor that is out of this world from all of the fat that is intertwined between the bones. This cut of beef usually needs to be marinated for a period of time so that it soaks up all of that additional flavor and breaks down the fat. Grill it really fast and you are in beef heaven.
RELATED ARTICLE: Are you looking for other beef recipes?
That is what you have here with my Grilled Korean BBQ Short Ribs recipe. Marinate it in some amazing spices like brown sugar, sesame oil & chili flakes. Grill it over some white hot Cowboy Charcoal really quickly. It makes for the perfect quick meal after work. Let it marinate while you are gone and grill it right when you get home! Like I said, there is no way to mess this meat up!
Want the perfect fire cooking equipment?
Yields: 2 Servings
Cook: 10-12 mins
Prep: 15 minutes
Marinating: 4-8 hours
Equipment Needed: Cowboy Charcoal, grill, tongs, knife, and a cutting board.
Grilled Korean BBQ Short Ribs Ingredients
- 4 flanken short ribs (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 bowl/bag of Beef Marinade
- Handful of sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
Beef Marinade Ingredients
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 3 tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of black pepper
- 2 tbsp of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- In a bowl or plastic bag, mix all the ingredients for the Beef Marinade above. Make sure to stir in the brown sugar last and slowly so that it evenly dissolves. Season the flanked short ribs with a little bit of sea salt. Put beef in the marinade, mix it around for an even coating, cover it, and place in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours (you can do up to 24 hours - the longer the better).
- About 15 minutes before cooking, pull beef out of the refrigerator and take out of marinade. Let come to room temperature.
- Use some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal to light fire and let burn for 10-15 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, push into one flat pile for direct grilling.
- Grill the short ribs for about 4-5 minutes per side. Pull off and let rest for 5 minutes once done.
- Sprinkle some sliced green onions on top, serve & enjoy!
My recommended equipment for this cook!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Cowboy Wood Chunks
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!