Butter Makes Everything Better
Post Sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal
Have you ever wanted to get the fancy steakhouse flavor at home but did not know how? Here is your answer: butter. Butter truly does make everything better and that includes cast iron cooked steak.
Below you will find my recipe for homemade Herb Butter. This amazing recipe will have you lathering your steak in Herb Butter for the rest of your life. It will make you forget going to the fancy steakhouse and have you opening a bottle of red wine at home and enjoying your perfectly cooked meal!
Yields: 2-4 Servings
Cook: 35 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Herb Butter & Steak Ingredients
- 1 full stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- Dash of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 10oz NY Strips at room temperature
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 tbsp of Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp of Black Pepper
- In a bowl, mix unsalted butter, garlic and parsley.
- Then add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Roll butter into a log shape in parchment or non-stick aluminum foil and place in refrigerator for 1 hour. (This can be done up to 24 hours before cooking)
- While butter is cooling, start to season NY strips with salt and pepper.
- Light the Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney or mound inside your grill and let burn for 10-15 minutes.
- Place cast iron skillet over fire at least 5-10 minutes before cooking. (Optional: For more added fun place the cast iron directly on top of the coals!).
- Add 1/2 stick of butter on cast iron 2 minutes before you start cooking.
- Once fire is medium to medium-high heat, add steaks to cast iron and let cook on one side for 3 minutes.
- Flip steaks and place Herb Butter on top of each steak.
- With a spoon (being very careful), baste the steaks with the melted Herb Butter for 3-4 minutes.
- Take steaks off and enjoy!
- Note: For medium to medium rare steaks follow instructions above. For well done to medium steaks then do 4 min one side and 4-5 min other side.
Want to find the right cast iron? Check out my recommended skillets!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!