Land of the Free and Home of the Brave
Post Sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal
In every bite of this cheese burger, there is something American about it. From the Pennsylvania bacon to the Midwestern bleu cheese, the Red, White and Bleu Cheese Bacon Burger is a tribute to what makes this country great, its people! Americans are hard workers that do not give up and inspire others to take a chance on life.
So enjoy Independence Day with the people you love, grill some great food (like the recipe below), and honor those who have and will fight for our freedom.
- 1 lb of ground chuck beef
- 8 strips of cooked bacon
- Pretzel bread burger buns
- 1 cup of crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Handful of Cowboy Hickory Wood Chunks
- Light the Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney or mound inside your grill and let burn for 10-15 minutes.
- (Optional) Place a handful of Hickory Wood Chunks onto fire and let burn for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the ground chuck beef, salt, pepper, and chili powder thoroughly.
- Once mixed, use your hands to mold burger patties to desired size (should make about 4 large patties).
- Place patties on grill and let cook about 5 min per side. When the patties are within 2 minutes of being done, then place crumbled bleu cheese on top.
- Grill burger buns, if desired, for about 1 minute.
- Place the freshly grilled burgers onto the bun, add bacon and other toppings.
- Enjoy! Also make sure to try out my Bacon Wrapped BBQ Jalapeno Poppers too!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!