You Can't Go Wrong With Good Beer and Good Brats
Lets just all agree the beer makes everything better. From hot summer afternoons to backyard grilling, adding a good beer like Yuengling to your life can turn any day into a better one. Plus when you pair a good beer with an amazing brat from Smithfield, then you are bound to have the perfect meal! That is what you get when you try my Skillet Beer Brats. So fire up your grill and get cooking because its going to be a great afternoon with this recipe!
Beer Brats Ingredients
- 1 package of Yuengling/Smithfield Traditional Beer Brats
- 1 bottle of Traditional Yuengling Beer
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup of diced white onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Light the charcoal in a charcoal chimney or mound inside your grill and let burn for 10-15 minutes.
- Place cast iron skillet on top of grill 5-10 minutes before cooking.
- On grill grate, roast Beer Brats for 2 minutes per side.
- While brats are roasting, place bell peppers, onion, and garlic into skillet and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Once brats have cooked, place inside skillet with salt, pepper, brown sugar, and pour half the beer inside. Let simmer for 2 minutes then flip brats. Stir occassionally.
- Pour the rest of the beer into skillet if desired and let simmer until the beer is completely gone.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for the perfect skillet? Check out our recommended cast iron!