Basically Bacon Smothered in BBQ Sauce...
Post Sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal
Are you a bacon lover?
Do you wrap everything in bacon like I do. You just cannot get enough of that delicious pork flavor that bacon has to offer. Well do I have the perfect recipe for you! Pork belly is like bacon on steroids. And you can eat massive chunks of it at a time!
RELATED ARTICLES: See other pork recipes!!!
Introducing my new, Smoked BBQ Pork Belly recipe. Its basically bacon covered in tangy bbq sauce. Start off with marinating the pork belly in bbq sauce for over 4 hours. Let the tangy and sweet flavor seep into the meat. Then, smoke this bad boy over some hot Cowboy Charcoal for a couple of hours. You will be left with a glorious chunk of smoked meat that is almost edible candy.
Want the perfect fire cooking equipment?
Yields: 4 Servings
Cook: 2 hours
Prep: 5 minutes
Marinating: 4 hours +
Equipment Needed: Cowboy Charcoal, tongs, and a smoker.
Smoked BBQ Pork Belly Ingredients
- 4 1 1/2 inch sliced of Pork Belly
- 1 Bottle of Cowboy Range Style BBQ Sauce
- A pinch of salt
- Season the pork belly with a pinch of salt. In a bag, place the pork belly and half a bottle of Cowboy Range Style BBQ Sauce. Place bag in fridge, and let marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Use some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal to light fire and let burn for 10-15 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, push to one side for indirect grilling.
- Once smoker is around 225F, place pork belly in grill and let smoke for 2 hours. Make sure to maintain heat throughout cook. Add a couple chunks of hickory for added flavor!
- When meat reaches an internal temp of 160F, pull off and enjoy! For some more flavor, sear the pork over direct heat for about 20 seconds per side once you pull it off the smoker.
My recommended equipment for this cook!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Cowboy Wood Chunks
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!