Take a Shot then Grab a Wing!
Post Sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal
Sometimes our food needs to have a little alcohol in it...
As a major college football fan, I know all too well that our favorite teams have given us huge highs & depressing lows at this point in the season. From winning the big game too almost losing the easy one, this is the moment in the season that we could all use a shot.
But instead of breaking out the alcohol, why not just add it to what we have on the grill?
Introducing my new Tequila Lime Wings recipe! Cook these bad boys over some hot Cowboy Charcoal and you will be able to enjoy next Saturday whether your team wins or loses.
Because in the end, good food and great drinks make us all winners!
Want to Win Free Tailgating Gear?
Check out Cowboy Charcoal's #CowboyTailgate Sweepstakes to learn how to enter!
Yields: 1-2 Servings
Cook: 1 hour
Prep: 25 minutes
Tequila Lime Wings Ingredients
- 1lbs of Wingettes
- 1/4 cup of tequila
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp cummin
- 2 fresh limes (juiced)
- Salt & Pepper (Season to preference)
- In a plastic bag, mix tequila, agave nectar, ancho chili powder, chili flakes, cummin, salt, pepper and lime juice. Add wings to bag and mix thoroughly. Place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Using some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal, light fire and let burn for 15-20 minutes. Add 3-4 pieces of apple wood to the top of the fire every 30 minutes for added flavor.
- When grills reach medium heat, rake coals to one side of grilling area and place wings on opposite side. (Optional) Do not throw away tequila lime brine.
- Grill wings for 20-25 minutes flipping around the 10-12 minute mark. Wings are ready when internal temperature is at 165F.
- (Optional) In a separate pan, pour in tequila lime brine and let simmer over fire for 10 minutes. Toss wings in brine, serve & enjoy!
Need fire cooking equipment? Find some here!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Cowboy Wood Chunks
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!