Win the Super Bowl before it starts with an unexpected twist for your guests!
Post Sponsored by Twisted Tea
Let’s be honest, when it comes to the Super Bowl you need to have the perfect food.
In partnership with Twisted Tea
It needs to be easy to make, taste delicious, and twisting with flavor. Ultimately, you need a dish that takes home the trophy before the game even starts. So, how do you do that? Well, my friends at Twisted Tea helped provide some inspiration!
Introducing my new Twisted & Smashed Bacon Cheeseburger recipe featuring the number one hard iced tea in the US, Twisted Tea! If you’ve never tried a smashed burger before then you are in for a twisted treat. Just imagine the crunchy crust of your favorite burger, but on a whole other level! Now, put that on a bun with 4 patties (yes, I said 4 patties), gooey cheese, sizzling bacon and onions sautéed in Twisted Tea! Are you starting to salivate yet?
But, what about the right drink? Everyone knows you can’t eat such a deliciously twisted burger without a refreshing drink!
RELATED RECIPE: Try some basted ribs by my friend at ABachelorAndHisGrill.com
Some people have their go-to beverage when it comes to watching football; however, we all want to try something new. So, have you ever tried Twisted Tea?
Twisted Tea is a great choice for the big game since it is so refreshing. It’s a drink that tastes like real iced tea with only 5% ABV. I personally am a fan of Twisted Tea Original – it tastes just like a refreshing ice tea - and like to drink it ice cold with a lemon garnish twist (to add even more twistedness). But there’s also Twisted Tea Half & Half, which combines the refreshing taste of iced tea with the classic taste of lemonade! In my opinion, these both go great with the Twisted & Smashed Bacon Cheeseburger – so you can’t go wrong with either.
This hard iced tea that’s brewed with real tea is easy to drink, easy to find, and easy to share! Plus, its 5% ABV and no carbonation, it’s not too filling and goes down easy with a big delicious burger hot off the grill.
So ice those Twisted Teas and start that grill, because this Super Bowl is going to be twisted!
Want to bring Twisted Tea to your Super Bowl Party?
Check out the Twisted Finder on the www.TwistedTea.com to find Twisted Tea near you!
Yields: 2-3 Servings
Cook: 20 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Twisted & Smashed Bacon Cheeseburger Ingredients
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 can of 12 oz Twisted Tea Original
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 8 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 sliced of bacon (sliced in half)
- 2 tbsp of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of black pepper
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Pack of burger buns
- (Optional) Lettuce
- Roll ground beef into 2 oz balls in order to smash on grill later (NOTE: you will need a flat surface to smash patties. I recommend cooking them in cast iron if you do not have a flat surface grill.)
- Using some charcoal, light fire in your grill and let burn for 15-20 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, disperse evenly around grill.
- If you are using cast iron to cook. place skillet on grill 5 minutes before cooking.
- Once grill is ready, cook bacon and onions for 8-10 minutes or until done to your liking. Pour a splash of Twisted Tea Original on the onions to give them some flavor!
- Place rolled ground beef on grill and let cook for 30 seconds. When warmed up, smash burgers flat using a grill iron or flat spatula until they are very thin. Let cook for 3-4 minutes per side and season with salt & pepper.
- One minute before burgers are taken off, place cheese on top of patties. Additionally, spread butter on the inside of the burger buns and let sear on grill for 1 minute.
- When completely cooked, pull everything off grill. Place lettuce, onions, 4 patties and bacon on buns with bacon in between each burger.
- Grab an ice cold Twisted Tea and enjoy!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!