Make the best food this Memorial Day right in your backyard
Post Sponsored by Walmart
Lets be honest, some of the best food you have ever tasted was right in your backyard.
With Memorial Day coming up, you might be planning to do a big cookout with the whole family. Maybe you just want a classic like a grilled cheeseburger, or maybe you want to try something exotic. The truth is, we just want high quality food without paying the price of a fancy steakhouse. So what if I told you that you could make that fancy dinner in your backyard? Even better, what if I told you that you can make a backyard cheeseburger taste like a meal at a fancy restaurant? All you need to know are the two keys to the ultimate burger: quality beef and fresh ingredients. Luckily for you, you can find both of these at your local Walmart.
Beef is the cornerstone of any good burger. In a world that is more invested in finding organic meat without hormones, artificial flavors or antibiotics, it is no wonder that the most naturally produced ground beef is essential to a burgers taste. The funny thing is that you don’t need to drive a long distance or break the bank to find this kind of meat. Walmart’s Grass-fed Organic Ground Beef is honestly a perfect option. I know what you might be thinking, “There is no way that this is better than my local grocery.” In reality, it actually is better. No hormones, artificial flavors or antibiotics are in this flavorful ground beef. Not only is it organic, but it is also grass-fed! This is not like your ordinary ground beef. The flavor profile is deeper as the grass-fed beef adds so much more diversity to the burger. Walmart has your ground beef covered; however, a good burger isn’t complete without some fresh ingredients.
Whether you like veggies on your burger or not, we can all agree that we want everything be fresh. We want fresh lettuce and tomatoes that are ripe and juicy. When I think of the perfect burger, it includes lettuce, beef stalk tomatoes, red onions and a fresh brioche bun. Top it off with some sharp cheddar cheese and I am in heaven. Did you know that Walmart provides all of this for you everyday? I found sweet and soft brioche buns that were hot out of the oven. Not to forget the lettuce and tomatoes that are fresh and full of flavor.
When you combine some amazing beef and fresh ingredients, then you actually get my new Ultimate Steakhouse Burger recipe completely supplied by Walmart. Sear that organic grass-fed beef over the fire seasoned with garlic salt & black pepper. Topped with sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion and steak sauce. Grill your fresh brioche buns till they are nice and crisp, and then lather some horseradish mayo for a kick. It will feel like you are eating a prime rib on a bun, you just happen to be in your backyard. Enjoy Memorial Day with your family & friends, and make sure to stop by Walmart to try out my new Ultimate Steakhouse Burger recipe!
Want the perfect fire cooking equipment?
Yields: 2 Servings
Cook: 20 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Ultimate Steakhouse Burger Ingredients
- 1 lb of Walmart Organic Grass-fed Ground Beef
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Sliced)
- 2 slices of Thick Bacon
- 1 Beef Stalk Tomato (Sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- 3 tbsp of Garlic Salt
- 3 tbsp of Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp of Horseradish Mayo
- 3 tbsp of Steak Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 2 Brioche Buns
- When at room temperature, pull out ground beef and mold into 1/2lb burger patties. Season with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Preheat your grill till it reaches 350F.
- Add your burgers to the grill and cook for 8-9 minutes per side or until the internal temperature is over 160F.
- While burgers are cooking, add bacon to a skillet and cook until it’s done to your liking. Additionally, butter the inside of your brioche buns and grill for 1 minute until they are nice and crispy.
- Add cheese to top of burger 2-3 minutes before taking them off in order to let melt. Pull burger off grill and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Build your burger with the bottom of the bun lathered in horseradish mayo, lettuce, tomato, and red onions. Place burger patty next topped by bacon, a dose of steak sauce and the top of the brioche bun lathered in horseradish mayo.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.