Wrap that salmon with deliciousness!
Post Sponsored by Cowboy Charcoal
Ever wrapped food in tin foil?
When I was a kid, I used to go camping with my boy scout troop. We would campout and cook food over fire wrapped in tin foil every time. Sometimes it was freshly caught fish, hot dogs or anything we could find to eat! Now, this classic way of cooking over fire no longer has to be a childhood memory!
RELATED ARTICLE: Are you looking for other seafood recipes?
Try out my new Wrapped Campfire Salmon recipe! Wild caught salmon lathered in spices, wrapped in tin foil and cooked over white hot Cowboy Charcoal. The tin foil makes a natural oven for the fish so that it cooks completely. Once you has wrapped the tin foil over the fish, you can grab a beer and relax as the your dinner is made before your very eyes!
Want the perfect fire cooking equipment?
Yields: 2-4 Servings
Cook: 20 mins
Prep: 15 minutes
Marinating: 4-8 hours
Equipment Needed: Cowboy Charcoal, grill, tongs, and tin foil.
Wrapped Campfire Salmon Ingredients
- 1 whole salmon (skin left on)
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 3 slices of lemon
- Chopped cilantro
- Olive Oil
- Lather flesh side of salmon with olive oil then season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Place salmon on top of 2 sheets of tin foil, then top salmon with butter and lemon slices. Add another sheet of tin foil to cover salmon and wrap tightly.
- Use some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal to light fire and let burn for 10-15 minutes. Once charcoal is white hot, push into one flat pile for direct grilling.
- Place salmon over fire for 15 minutes or until internal temperature is 145F.
- Pull salmon off grill and let rest, while still inside tin foil, for 5 minutes.
- Open up tin foil, sprinkle chopped cilantro and enjoy!
My recommended equipment for this cook!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Cowboy Wood Chunks
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!